List Your Instruments
Exhibiting at The Luthiers Showcase
For a yearly fee, registrants receive:
Step up and be seen! Joining the Luthiers Showcase is easy and affordable. We accept all instrument types and can add search categories to suit yours if need be. You do NOT need to have unsold instruments to join and to reap the benefits that enhanced online presence provides! Posting examples of your past work will lead to new custom commissions.
- A 10% discount on all Luthiers Mercantile merchandise so long as it is not already discounted. Those paying for their membership can offset the fee with a few good orders!
- Exposure focused on the instruments! Users of the site would be able to search by the type, price, or luthier’s name to find the instrument of their dreams.
- Luthiers will be able to clearly and unequivocally demonstrate their status as a professional by presenting their bio, experience in years, notable clients, shows attended, professional organizations, etc.
- Each instrument the exhibitor posts can be described in full, with various photos, videos, audio files, and prices. Visitors to The Luthiers Showcase can contact the luthier to place or discuss an order. We will not collect any commission.
- The option to leave sold instruments on the site exists so visitors can know the breadth of options available, the variety of instruments the luthier builds, and the luthier’s instruments’ general price range. This is to help facilitate custom orders in addition to selling ‘spec’ guitars.
- Professional graphics. All luthier profiles are set up with a similar template so that the differences that matter—the instruments and the luthier’s professional profile—are accentuated.
- We will be developing an aggressive advertising presence and search engine optimization that will elevate the site to be among the premier destinations for viewing and shopping for handcrafted instruments.
- Newsletter subscribers will get news of new instrument posts, plus informative articles and announcements of upcoming shows! We will be active on Instagram and Facebook to keep viewers returning to the site regularly.
For a single annual exhibit price, roughly equal to a festival table fee ($595 introductory fee), you can exhibit as many as five instruments. Sold instruments must be submitted as such. We will clearly mark the Main Instrument Photo SOLD.
If an instrument sells and you would like to place another unsold instrument on exhibit, you may do so. If an instrument sells and you want it to remain on the website, you should notify us right away. We will place a SOLD banner over the Main Instrument Photo.
Exhibitors at The Luthiers Showcase must have a website. We require that each instrument exhibited be covered by a warranty available to potential purchasers of instruments. Your warranty will appear on each instrument page. If no warranty is supplied, the generic warranty will be published on each instrument page. By signing this application, you agree to abide by the conditions of this warranty. You may also choose to use this warranty as a template to create your own.
Our goal is to collect information and media to develop a profile for each exhibitor. We require that all information submitted is valid and accurate. We feel providing as much information as possible on your profile indicates your level of professionalism to the instrument-buying public.
Steps to becoming an exhibitor on The Luthiers Showcase
1. Download and complete The Luthiers Showcase application here: The Luthiers Showcase Application
2. The application is reviewed.
3. Upon acceptance, you’ll receive an email with a payment request. Don’t forget to supply a profile (photo of you) photo with this application.
4. Once payment is received, you’ll receive a form with instructions for submitting your five instrument descriptions and associated media.
5. Give us a few business days to prepare your profile and instrument pages. We’ll send you an email when it’s complete so you can review it for accuracy. This is the day the clock starts ticking on your annual subscription.
If you have any edits to your pages or profile, you can email them to us at [email protected].