List Your Instruments
Exhibiting at The Luthiers Showcase
For a yearly fee, registrants receive:
- 10% discount on all Luthiers Mercantile merchandise (so long as it is not already discounted). Those who are paying for their membership can offset the fee with a few good orders!
- Exposure that is focused on the instruments! Users of the site would be able to search by type, price, or the luthier’s name to find the instrument of their dreams.
- Luthiers will be able to demonstrate clearly and unequivocally their status as a professional by presenting their bio, experience in years, notable clients, shows attended, professional organizations, etc.
- Each instrument the exhibitor posts can be described in full, with a variety of photos, video or audio files, and the price. Visitors to The Luthiers Showcase will have the ability to contact the luthier to place or discuss an order. We will not be collecting any commission.
- The option to leave sold instruments on the site exists so that visitors can know the breadth of options available, the variety of instruments the luthier builds, and the general price range of the luthier’s instruments. This is to help facilitate custom orders in addition to selling ‘spec’ guitars.
- Professional graphics. All luthier profiles are set up with a similar template so that the differences that matter—the instruments and the luthier’s professional profile—are accentuated
- We will be developing an aggressive advertising presence and search engine optimization that will elevate the site to be among the premier destinations for viewing and shopping for handcrafted instruments. Newsletter subscribers will get news of new instrument posts, plus informative articles and announcements of upcoming shows! We will be active on Instagram and Facebook to keep viewers returning to the site on a regular basis.
For a single annual exhibit price, roughly equal to a festival table fee ($595.00 introductory fee), you can exhibit as many as 5 instruments. Sold instruments must be submitted as such and we will clearly mark the Main Instrument Photo SOLD. If an instrument sells and you would like to place another unsold instrument on exhibit you may do so. If an instrument sells and you want it to remain on the website, you should notify us right away and we will place a SOLD banner over the Main Instrument Photo.
Exhibitors at The Luthiers Showcase must have a website. We also require that each instrument exhibited be covered by a warranty that is available to potential purchasers of instruments. Your warranty will appear on each instrument page. If no warranty is supplied, the generic warranty will be published to each instrument page and by signing this application, you agree to abide by the conditions of this warranty. You may also choose to use this warranty as a template to create your own.
Our goal is to collect information and media to develop a profile for each exhibitor. We require that all information submitted is valid and accurate. We feel that providing as much information as possible on your profile will indicate your level of professionalism to the instrument buying public.
Steps to becoming an exhibitor on The Luthiers Showcase
1. Download and complete The Luthiers Showcase application here: The Luthiers Showcase Application
2. The application is reviewed and upon acceptance, you’ll receive an email with a request for payment. Don’t forget to supply a profile (photo of you) photo with this application.
3. Once payment is received, you’ll receive a form with instructions for submitting your 5 instrument descriptions and associated media.
4. Give us a few business days to prepare your profile and instrument pages. We’ll send you an email when it’s complete so you can review it for accuracy. This is the day the clock starts ticking on your annual subscription.
If you have any edits to your pages or profile, you can just email them to us at [email protected]