This instrument is a unique short-scale fretless acoustic bass, built from David’s 0-size guitar body. Built with about an extra inch of body depth to maximize air volume, this bass has an impressive amount of punch and sustain & effortlessly holds down the low end behind a small ensemble. Its 31” scale is three inches shorter than a standard bass guitar, allowing for easy, nimble reach over several frets. This user-friendly parlor bass has the dynamic warmth of a fretless upright bass & is a dream to play, with inlaid flush-sanded boxwood frets & side dots all the way up the fingerboard. And, in case you want to plug in to stand out in a larger group or live setting, there’s a K&K Pure Bass pickup already installed.
- African Mahogany sides & back
- Master-grade Sitka Spruce top
- Fretless Ebony fingerboard with inlaid Boxwood frets
- Mother-of-pearl side dots
- Hand-cut abalone Dart logo
- Bone nut & saddle
- Rosewood binding, bridge, & peghead overlay
- Tape-wound La Bella “Deep Talkin’ Bass” strings
- K&K Pure Bass pickup
- Satin polyurethane finish
- 31” string length
- 1-3/4” nut width
- 4-3/4” max body depth
Includes Hardshell Case
Tax and/or shipping are not included in the price.