Our Elkhorn series F5 Mandolin is inspired by the Gibson Loar-era Mandolins of the mid-1920s and incorporate innovative engineering advances like a Tension Compensated Fret Scale to eliminate any sharpness of fretted notes higher up the neck regardless of the action height.
This F5 Mandolin demonstrates exceptional volume and a balanced tone both across the strings and up the neck along with the phenomenal playability you expect from a custom instrument.
- Select, solid Alaskan Sitka Spruce top
- Premium quilt figured Maple one-piece back, sides, and neck
- Adjustable truss rod reinforced neck
- Tuned tone bar bracing
- Tension compensated fret scale, 13.861
- Ebony compound radius fingerboard with mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Ebony headstock veneer with mother-of-pearl inlays: “Lewandowski” & “vine pot”
- Celluloid binding on body, neck, and peg head - tortoise\white\black
- Nickel plated, James tailpiece engraved “Lewandowski”
- Nicolo Alessi mandolin tuners, brass plates w/Ebony knobs
- Adjustable Ebony bridge
- Bone nut, 1 1/8”
- UV curable finish for rim, back, and headstock