Escape Series #E.27.91.22
By Howie GuitarsView Gallery
This Howie Escape Series has a 22-fret fingerboard with a 24.75 inch scale length. The Macassar Ebony fretboard has a compound radius of 15.3 inches at the tail down to 9.5 inches at the nut.
The Shape of the neck is what we call the Howie Thin Line. At the nut, the depth is 0.88 inches and at the 12th fret it is 0.94 inches. It has a very fast and easy feel. The width at the nut is 1.65 inches, and at the tail, it is 2.15 inches.
The pickups on this guitar are Seymour Duncan’s Seth Lover humbuckers. These vintage output humbuckers are built exactly to Seth Lover’s specifications. The tone is smooth and sweet and reminds me a lot of Jerry Garcia’s sound. For more detailed information on these pickups, please visit https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/seth-lover
Our U.S. Patented Nautilus chambered body design gives each Escape Series guitar its unique resonance and tone. This chambering makes this series our most difficult guitar to build however so I only build a few of them each year making them very rare.
- Main Body Wood: Basswood
- Top Body Wood: Curly Maple
- Neck Wood: Hard Maple
- Peghead Veneer: Curly Maple
- Fretboard: Macassar Ebony
- Carve Type: 0.5in fibonacci
- Fretwire: 0.09 inch, stainless steel
- Neck Angle: 3.8 degrees
- Peghead Angle: 8.5 degrees
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbucker set
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Rev G chrome
- Nut: Bleached bone
- Truss Rod: Hotrod low profile
- Bridge: Kluson ABR wired
- Tail Piece: Gotoh stop
- Inlays: White and black pearl, abalone, red sea corral
- Side Dots: White mother-of-pearl
- Finish: DC 2000 catalyzed urethane