Octave Mandolin Archtop
By Cedar Mountain Mandolin CompanyView Gallery
Our Octave Mandolin is inspired by the Gibson Loar-era archtop guitars of the mid-1920s and incorporates innovative engineering advances like a Tension Compensated Fret Scale to eliminate any sharpness of fretted notes higher up the neck, regardless of the action height.
The Octave Mandolin has a 14" lower bout, a 3" body depth, and features a solid, carved arched top and back. It demonstrates exceptional volume and a balanced tone both across the strings and up the neck along with the phenomenal playability you expect from a custom instrument.
- Select, solid Engelmann Spruce carved archtop
- Premium figured curly Maple piece archtop back, sides, and neck
- Adjustable truss rod reinforced neck
- Tuned tone bar bracing
- Tension compensated fret scale, 21.788"
- Ebony compound radius fingerboard with mother-of-pearl block inlays
- Ebony headstock veneer with mother-of-pearl inlays: “Lewandowski” & “Fleur de Lis”
- Celluloid binding on body, neck, and peg head - tortoise\black\white\black
- CMM Ebony/Nickel trapeze tailpiece
- Schaller GrandTune A-Style mandolin tuners, nickel plated w/Ebony knobs
- Adjustable Ebony bridge
- Bone nut, 1 5/16”
- Spirit varnish, French polish finish top
- UV Curable lacquer back\sides\peghead