The Freehand Artist
By Grimes Guitars, Inc.View Gallery
The Freehand Artist Model is an asymmetrical body shape, OM size acoustic flat-top guitar. This design evolved from earlier asymmetric archtop guitars that I built to commemorate 40 years of building archtop instruments. The German Spruce top, coupled with master-grade curly Koa, gives this LC model a warm, balanced, and powerful tone. It was built in 2020 - serial #1002.
- Rosewood bindings, 1/32" green ripple abalone trim around body, soundhole (2)
- Lower bout width: 15"
- Waist width: 9 1/4"
- Upper bout width: 11"
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- Bridge string spacing: 2 1/8"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Depth of sides at heel: 3 3/8"
- Depth of sides at tail: 4 1/8"
- Thickness of neck at 1st fret: 0.82"
- Thickness of neck at 9th fret: 0.89"
- Case: Hoffee custom fitted carbon fiber case
USA shipping: $300.
International shipping is calculated and is dependent on the country
All Grimes instruments carry a warranty to the original purchaser for defects in materials or workmanship, excluding normal wear and tear, and any accidental damage or damage due to improper care.